Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our home away from home

I'll add more pictures later of our home away from home on Poggia La Mozza but for now here is our kitchen table -- note Christmas decoration including a single pomegranate from a tree in the yard -- and the downstairs sitting room. Upstairs we have our bedroom, bathroom and living room which includes a fireplace, couches and the desk where I am now sitting writing this blog. The downstairs and upstairs are heated by separate wood-burning stoves that we have to keep fed or freeze. A hot water bottle helps as does two down comforters and blanket heaters for our bed.

2 comments:

Cherise said...

Beautiful setting! I'm so glad to see the photos!

Cherise said...

From Andy:
I love you Nonna and Grandpa.
Thank you for giving us the presents. I want to say I love you so so so so so so so much, super much. That's how much I love you. I made snow angels in the snow.

From Sylvia: no no no no no no no